Thursday 30 December 2010

Hinduism

I'm hindhu because my parents and my grandparents are, because my name means two hindhu gods " Shiva" and "Shakti", because I believe in hindhuism. This religion is one of the oldest and one of the biggest religion in the world. I often go to temples. I wear Kumkumum (red colour powder) and Viboudi (white colour powder). In hinduisme there are many believes, there are many festivals which are very interesting and colourful. Each festival has a story behind it. Sweets are major food in festivals. Pongal and Diwali are two big important festivals in hinduisme. Ramayana and Mahabharatham are two important epics which are showing hindhuism, but I don't know both epics! We have (hindus) normaly many rules and many sacred days (the day of amavasai, powrnami, kirtikai, pradosham, etc.) but the main sacred day is Friday. In hinduism marriage is different from the other two main religions (muslim and chritianisme), in this religion marriage is usually an arranged marriage by parents and other important people but sometimes it coud be a love mariage which is usually not accepted by parents but sometimes it is accepted. Todays new generations don't follow this religion because it has many rules, but there are also people who are following it. I think that it is an important and interesting religion and my parents are hindu so I'm following it.
Thank you! See you soon!
வணக்கம்!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sivashankari,
    Nice article but you see there is no link between the Hinduism and the non-accepted love marriage! The love marriage is not accepted because of the casts(there is no link here also between casts and Hinduism, casts were created by people when Hinduism was 1 000 years old), and because may be the lover of that person has no good qualities!
    My thought is the new generations have to follow the religion to save,protect the Nature, the culture and the tradition! You know well that if the garden doesn't have hedge, the garden will be destroy by the people, so here the garden is the people, the hedge the religion and the people is the thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. வணக்கம்!!!!! I like ur last line .. Nice 2 see a gal, using Thamizh Language ... Vazhga Thamizh ...

    ReplyDelete