Monday 13 December 2010

Shiva



Hi everyone,
Nice meeting you again. I think you all know that the major religion of India is "Hinduism", but I'm almost sure that you don't know much about HINDUISM. Hinduism is the unification of ancient two religion: "Shaivism" and "Vaishnavism". In Shaivism, the Chief God is ; and in Vaishnavism, the Chief God is Vishnu( in the left). I am going to talk about Shiva, don't think that I hate Vishnu but I belong to "Shaivism". Shiva means "auspicious one", as per the Vedas (sacred books), Shiva is eternal, he has no birth, no death. He is the one of the Trimurti(three chief gods), the God of Destroyer; and the other two are Brahma, the god ofCreation and Vishnu, the god of protection. Most of the time, Shiva is worshiped in the form of Linga(in the right). He has three eyes differenced from other Gods, one in the forehead to burn his enemies. Shiva has a wife named Shakthi who is the sister of Vishnu, and three children who are Ganesh, Karthikeya and Ayyapa. Ganesha and Karthikeya were born to Shiva and Shakti and Ayyapa was born to Shiva and Moguini, the female incarnation of Vishnu. His weapon is Trishula, trident; his "vahanah", vehicle, is a bull which is called "Nandhi". He has five heads which name: "Isana","Tathpurusha",Agora","Vamadeva","Satyojada". He has a crescent moon and the river Ganges on his head; a snake on his neck, his cloth is tiger's skin and he smears his body with ashes. And he has a blue neck, because he drunk poison to save the world. You may think that he is a dirty fellow, but his each action describes a philosophy. As the myths say he lives in the Mountain Kailasha, a part of Himalaya. He has many forms like "Nataraja", "Kalabairava", "Dakshinamurthy","Kalasamhara","Ardhanarishwara","Tripurantaka","Virabadhra","Rudra",...
"Maha Shivrathri" is a festival celebrated to him every year. If I continue to tell you about him, I'm sure that it will take many pages, so I stop right here. Please visit the temples of Shiva and Vishnou which are in Pondicherry when you come here!
Note: Please excuse me, if I did any grammatical or spelling mistakes!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! Radja,I think you know all about Hindu religion! What a Modesty to say "Please excuse me, if I did any grammatical or spelling mistakes". Hats off to you.

    ReplyDelete