Monday 3 January 2011

My name is Ismaïl and I am a Muslim.


Hi there! I am going to talk about religion. I am not going to complicate things like Pi Patel because I only chose one path: Islam. I am not sure if words would be enough to explain why I chose this path, but I am doing my best. I am a muslim because, I was born like that, I grew like that and I live like that. This path was shown by my parents, I decided to go by that way because I thought it was the best for me. I am a muslim because I believe in God, he is unique, special, because I pray five times a day, because I fast during the month of Ramadan, because I give charity to the poor, because I did a pilgrimage to Mecca, and the list goes on, but people have to remember that religions aren't based on rules, religion means devotion, respect, love towards God, you have to feel it, you should not follow what someone told you, you are free to choose your path and this is the first thing that I learned from Islam and it is one of the main reasons why I am proud to be a Muslim. It is not just because I do so many things that I am a muslim, it is because deep inside me I want to be like that.
Ismaïl

No comments:

Post a Comment